This Position requires the UTMOST of confidentiality for our 2 point Parish
Job Description & Duties (include but are not limited to):
1. Reception. Strong Customer Service skills are required for this position. Phone calls/emails re: pivotal moments in people's lives can be a weekly occurrence (weddings, baptisms, confirmations, funerals).
2. Maintain electronic files on Microsoft 7 Windows Home Premium.
3. Monthly Bulletins. Must be created and ready for 1st Sunday of every month (minimum; special bulletins during other occasions must also be created).
4. Simply Accounting: bill payments, Sunday Weekly Offerings, reconciling Bank statement, month end reports for Parish Council meetings. Experience with Simply Accounting, Microsoft Office & Excel is necessary.
5. Booking Church/Hall and keeping track of all bookings; being the liaison with Groups/Individuals wishing to book.
6. Assisting the Rector in any Administrative ways necessary. These duties may include, but are not limited to, typing letters, making photocopies, researching information, dealing with Parishioners, making appointments and any other administrative duties that may arise in the normal day-to-day operations of the Office.
7. Working very closely with The Rector & The Treasurer.
8. Updating our website
9. Maintaining the book-keeping of our Parish Cemetery as well as receiving the families of deceased persons when Clergy is organizing the funeral and/or burial. You will be interacting with them as far as the fees & requirements. This is a very sensitive time and empathy is required.
10. The job requires 10 hours/week (times to be mutually arranged between you and The Rector). The Office is closed between Christmas & New Years. Salary to be discussed in accordance with qualifications.
Please submit all applications with Cover letter, resume & references by June 15, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org