STREAMS OF HOPE
REGISTRATION OPENS SOON
CONFERENCE DETAILS (as of March 13, 2017)
Vital Church Maritimes 2017 Conference takes place Thursday, Sept. 21 to Saturday, Sept. 23, at the Holiday Inn, Truro.
Sponsored by The Anglican Diocese of Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, the three-day learning event for lay and clergy leaders, helps participants explore opportunities for ‘Fresh Expressions’ of church and other innovative approaches to missional ministry.
We are pleased to host Canon Phil Potter as our key-note speaker. He is the Archbishops' Missioner and Fresh Expressions Team Leader with the Church of England.
Registration will be open in May.
Parishes are encouraged to send a team of both lay and clergy leaders and to spend time focusing on their local context and dreaming together. IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT PARTICIPANTS STAY FOR THE ENTIRE EVENT TO GAIN THE MOST BENEFIT FROM THE TEACHING.
TENTATIVE Times (subject to change):
- Sept. 21 – 1 p.m., to 8:30 p.m.
- Sept. 22 – 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Sept. 23 – 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Registration will be open to anyone, but it is limited, so sign-up early! Payment is by credit card only. No refunds. Visit www.nspeidiocese.ca.
TENTATIVE Registration Fees: (including refreshments, some meals and materials)
Subject to change
$140 Early Bird registration (date T.B.A.)
$150 for entire conference (date T.B.A.)
$125 for entire conference for students
$25 for one evening keynote address
$40 for two evening keynote addresses
$25 for two evening keynote addresses for students
Details TO BE ANNOUNCED!
We expect to have discounted room rates available. Watch for updates!
The facility is wheel-chair assessable and has plenty of parking. It features a heated pool, fitness centre and more!
Truro Holiday Inn is located at 437 Prince Street, Truro, NS, B2N 1E6.
Phone toll free: 1-877-660- 8550 or 1-902-895-1651.
E-mail: [email protected]
See also: www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/truro/xlzcn/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-HI-_-CAN-_-XLZCN
ANGLICAN FUNDING FOR REGISTRATION: (Diocese of NS & PEI)
- LAY PEOPLE: See the link to the diocesan "Lay Leadership Legacy Fund". Anglican lay leaders of any variety may apply for cost sharing of their registration fee (up to half the cost). (Resources Link/Forms and Applications)
- CLERGY: Here's the diocesan link to the Continuing Education information and forms. VCM 2017 definitely qualifies! Money well spent. (Resources Link/Clergy Resources)
- COMMUNITY OF ASSOCIATE PARISH PRIESTS & DEACONS and RETIRED CLERGY: Contact Diocesan Bishop Ron Cutler to apply for funding support.
- See the Diocesan website (nspeidiocese.ca)
- Read the Anglican Net News
- Facebook group “Vital Church Maritimes 2017” for the latest developments.
- Got questions? Contact Rev. Fran Boutilier ([email protected]) and Rev. Lisa Vaughn ([email protected] and 902-420-0717).