Director, Anglican Formation Program – Diocesan Position
Applications are invited for the position of Director of the Anglican Formation Program
This position exists for the purpose of supporting, either directly or indirectly, Atlantic School of Theology’s mission to serve Christ by shaping effective and faithful ordained and lay leaders, and growing understanding among communities of faith, and the Diocesan Formation Program of commitment to teaching and interpreting the Anglican Tradition in mission, ministry, and liturgy.
The Director of the Anglican Formation Program, under the direction of the Bishop and in consultation with the Discernment and Formation Task Group, is responsible for planning, organizing and coordinating the implementation of the Formation Program for Anglican ordination candidates at Atlantic School of Theology.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A priest in good standing in the Anglican Church of Canada who holds, or is eligible to hold, a license from the Bishop of Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island;
- Varied and healthy experience in parish ministry and strong commitment to diocesan work;
- Basic or Advanced Theological Degree;
- A minimum of one unit of Clinical Pastoral Education, or equivalent;
- Broad knowledge of Anglican Tradition
- A clear understanding of the process of discernment, training, and formation of persons for ordained ministry;
- Demonstrated ability in adult education methodologies;
- Ecumenical experience and comfort representing Anglican polity, ethos and practice in an ecumenical environment.
Applicants should be able to Demonstrate the Following:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with students, faculty, clergy and the public;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- An understanding and working knowledge of the diocese;
- Knowledge and appreciation of Anglican ethos and polity, and sensitive to the diversity found within the Church;
- Excellent time management skills.
For complete position description, please contact Jana at [email protected]
If you are interested in applying, please send a letter of application, resume, names of three references, and a current Police Records Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Check. Please apply by March 1, 2018, to:
Archbishop Ron Cutler
The Diocese of Nova Scotia & Prince Edward Island
1340 Cathedral Lane
Halifax, NS B3H 2Z1
E-mail: [email protected]